The only insurance, designed by journalists for journalists.
Death and Disablement, with Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Insurance for Journalists Worldwide
We’re the insurance partner of the IFJ and cover journalists anywhere in the world including Afghanistan, Iraq and the Central African Republic.
We provide online insurance for accidental death and disablement, sickness and medical evacuation and, if necessary, repatriation to your home country.
Fewer exclusions, better value.
Our policies are designed by Journalists for Journalists. Wherever you live and work you can be sure you’re properly protected including War – (declared or not), Rebellion, Civil War and Terrorism.
Because our insurance is designed specifically for journalists we cover being transported in military vehicles including aeroplanes and helicopters.
What do we charge?
We’re completely upfront about our charges and we work hard to make them as affordable as possible. A fixed $10 admin fee applies to each transaction. You can find out which countries are in which Zones here.
10-Reasons to choose insuranceforjournalists.com
- Working with the IFJ and the IPI to provide insurance for all their members
- Genuinely Worldwide cover available
- Clear and cost effective premiums
- Accidental death and disability cover included on assignment AND at home as standard
- Evacuation repatriation and medical expenses cover included at no extra cost
- Global support by our partner Northcott Global Solutions
- Cover included for war, civil war, and terrorism
- Covered while travelling with, or embedded with, military personnel
- Access to discount on safety training and equipment from Cadre Consultants
- Designed exclusively for journalists, media outlets and production personnel
Check the policy you have now and you may be surprised at the things you are not covered for.
That’s why our cover is designed by journalists for journalists
Many news professionals take serious risks to bring into the spotlight the important issues that impact us all and hold accountable those in power who make decisions on our behalf. Some news professionals go to work on a daily basis without the safety net of an insurance policy.
By completing this short survey you will be helping us improve and deliver the insurance service the community of news professionals around the world deserves and badly needs. www.insuranceforjournalists.com works in partnership with the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and specialises solely in insuring news professionals, following them wherever their next assignment may take them, without restrictions.