A better deal for SIP members.
Insurance for Journalists is the insurance partner of the Inter American Press Association ( SIP). We provide affordable insurance at home, abroad and in hostile regions.
Our cover includes accidental death and disablement including sickness and emergency medical evacuation back to your home country if required. Unlike other insurance, our cover includes journalists being transported in military vehicles including aeroplanes, helicopters. This is essential cover for any member of the media heading to any part of the world including hostile regions and dangerous areas in Colombia, Mexico, Guatemala, and others.
The application process is quick and cover is available 24/7. Accidental death and disablement cover is included on assignment AND at home as standard. All our policies include emergency sickness and accident healthcare and, if necessary, evacuation and repatriation back to your home country.
SIP member receive special discounts. You can buy online, anytime from your PC or smartphone. Now wherever the story takes you, you can be sure you’re properly protected. Get your quote and buy online here.
Fewer exclusions, better value
Our policies are designed by journalists for journalists so we cover what most policies exclude:
- War – (declared or not)
- Civil war
What do we charge?
We’re completely upfront about our charges and we work hard to make them as affordable as possible. SIP members get special discounts.
All our policy prices are below. A fixed $10 admin fee applies to each transaction. Journalists have often told us that we can be less than half the price of some providers and our cover is tailored exactly to your needs.
Find which countries are in which zones here on our insurance zones and charges page
10 Reasons to choose
- Special discounts for SIP members
- Genuinely Worldwide cover available
- Clear and cost effective premiums
- Accidental death and disability cover included on assignment AND at home as standard
- Evacuation repatriation and medical expenses cover included at no extra cost
- Global support by our partner Northcott Global Solutions
- Cover included for war, civil war, and terrorism
- Covered while travelling with, or embedded with, military personnel
- Access to discount on safety training and equipment from Cadre Consultants
- Designed exclusively for journalists, media outlets and production personnel
Check the policy you have now and you may be surprised at the things you are not covered for.
That’s why our cover is designed by journalists for journalists
Useful PDF downloads about our insurance, terms and conditions, FAQ’s and what to do in an emergency
Find out more about insurance for journalists our rates, zones and unique worldwide cover